Grosseto, August 28 - Prosecutors on Wednesday formally placed under investigation 10 doctors and a nurse at a hospital in Grosseto where a 76-year-old man died from a suspected mistaken blood transfusion on Sunday. The 11 members of the medical staff at the hospital's intensive care and infectious diseases units face manslaughter charges. An autopsy on Sergio Fiorini, a pensioner, has been scheduled for Thursday. Prosecutors will reportedly look into all therapies used to treat Fiorini's pneumonia as well as the transfusion. The man had been admitted on August 8 for pneumonia, and died shortly after receiving the transfusion on Sunday, family members said. The patient's wife and two children also said through their lawyer on Wednesday they had learned about his death several hours after it took place. Though local officials from the state health department (ASL) have said the man likely received a transfusion of blood designated for another patient, the state attorney's office said it wants to investigate all treatments . Health minister Beatrice Lorenzin on Tuesday also ordered a parallel investigation on the hospital in Grosseto and another treatment facility in Tuscany where a patient died under unusual circumstances. The San Giovanni di Dio Hospital in the town of Orbetello is being probed after 17-year-old Valentina Col, a volley ball player being treated for a broken rib, suddenly died on Sunday. In Col's case, also being investigated by prosecutors in Grosseto, an undiagnosed broken rib is so far believed to have injured her lung and eventually led to her death. An autopsy has been scheduled for Thursday.