(ANSA) - Rome, July 30 - Valentino Rossi has said he will have decided whether to stay at Ducati next season by the time of the Indianapolis MotoGP Grand Prix in two weeks' time. Italy's nine-time world champion Rossi has not won a race since joining Ducati at the start of last year and he crashed towards the end of Sunday's United States Grand Prix at Laguna Seca when he was well down the field. Nevertheless, he has said he may stay at the Italian team, who he hopes will regain competitiveness soon after the motorbike manufacturer was taken over by Audi. He is also said to be considering an offer to return to his former team Yamaha. "Ducati have made me an offer that is lower than my current deal but fortunately this (less money) isn't a problem for me," he said. "I'm thinking about the offer because it seems that lots of things are changing. There's Audi's arrival and lots of motivation to do well. "It's necessary to make a leap of faith. You'll know everything at Indianapolis".
i più letti di oggi
di Giovanni Pastore