Rome

Barilla posts 4% rise in first half sales, Italy drops 1%

Germany, France post double-digit growth in the period

Barilla posts 4% rise in first half sales, Italy drops 1%

Rome, July 11 - Barilla, the world's biggest pasta maker, posted a 4% rise in sales in the first half of the year, despite revenue in Italy dropping 1% as a result of the record recession the eurozone's third-largest nation is embroiled in, according to advance details of the first six months of 2013 provided to ANSA on Thursday. "The company is doing well, though Italy is struggling, Europe and the Americas are doing much better", vice-chairman Paolo Barilla said on the sidelines of a conference organized by the company. Barilla posted double digit growth in France and Germany in the first half of 2013. ''We are holding our position in Italy, albeit with difficulty, and are obviously sacrificing margins'', Barilla said. ''Consumption just isn't there, since Italy is still in an entirely recessionary dynamic''. In 2012, the company posted sales of 3.9 billion euros, 50% of which was generated in Italy, 80% in Europe and the remaining 20% in the rest of the world.

Lascia il tuo commento

Condividi le tue opinioni su Gazzetta del Sud online

Caratteri rimanenti: 400

Le altre notizie

i più letti di oggi