Rome

Text-message use down in Italy for first time ever

'Likely due to smartphone apps' says regulator

Text-message use down in Italy for first time ever

Rome, June 14 - Text-message use is going down in Italy for the first time since cell-phone users began using the service. According to AGCOM, the national communications regulatory body, 22.5 billion text messages were sent across Italian cellular lines in the first quarter of 2013, down 4% on the same period last year. "It is probably due to the diffusion of message apps (for smartphones)," AGCOM said in a statement. The number of Italians with data plans on their phones is up 16.7% compared to the same period last year, with over 32.5 million people - over half the population - using mobile Internet.

Lascia il tuo commento

Condividi le tue opinioni su Gazzetta del Sud online

Caratteri rimanenti: 400

Le altre notizie

i più letti di oggi