(see related) Rome, June 5 - Prosecutors said Wednesday that they would likely appeal the acquittal of police guards in the death of Stefano Cucchi. Earlier in the day, a Rome court sentenced five doctors from Rome's Pertini prison hospital in the death of Cucchi, a 31-year-old surveyor's clerk who died on October 22, 2009 while in police custody. Three police guards and three nurses also on trial were acquitted. Prosecutor Vincenzo Barba said that should not stand. "The acquittal of the three agents...does not leave us satisfied and will be subject to our evaluation," said Barba, adding that an appeal was likely. Forensic exams filed by the prosecution reported that Cucchi was not properly treated by hospital staff and that his death was caused by a "severe shortage of food and liquids".