Rome

Soccer: Balotelli says ban on walking from racism 'inhuman'

AC Milan forward threatens to leave pitch next time abused

Soccer: Balotelli says ban on walking from racism 'inhuman'

Rome, May 20 - AC Milan and Italy forward Mario Balotelli said Monday that it was inhuman for the authorities to expect him to stay on the soccer field if he is the victim of racist abuse from the stands. Balotelli said last week that he would walk off in protest next time days after being one of the black Milan players to have racist boos directed at them from AS Roma fans during a 0-0 draw at the San Siro. It was the latest in a long series of incidents of racist abuse that the 22-year-old, who has Ghanaian roots, has been hit with in recent years. But Marcello Nicchi, the head of the Italian Referees' Association (AIA), warned the striker that he would effectively be sending himself off if he carried through the threat, as he would leave his side in 10. "This rule about racist buu need to be changed cos is no human that if i leave the picth my team gonna rest in 10 pls!," Balotelli said via his Twitter account, @FinallyMario. "Change it im not agree".

Lascia il tuo commento

Condividi le tue opinioni su Gazzetta del Sud online

Caratteri rimanenti: 400

Le altre notizie

i più letti di oggi