Florence

Probes into possible 3rd party meddling in Ginori deal

Gucci not involved in investigations

Probes into possible 3rd party meddling in Ginori deal

Florence, May 14 - Florence investigators said on Tuesday that probes into possible wrongdoings related to the May 25 buyout of Tuscan ceramics producer Richard Ginori had been opened. Investigations involving "third parties are to safeguard the authenticity of procedures" but the investigation is not about Gucci "that is saving a company," prosecutors said. Florentine fashion giant Gucci won a bid of 13 million euros for the troubled Tuscan ceramics producer and came with a "long-term plan" to protect the historic tablewear company and save its employees, Gucci said in May. Ginori, like Gucci, is based in Tuscany. In January, a court in Florence declared the ceramics maker bankrupt, ending a lengthy struggle and eliminating more than 200 jobs. Italian labor union CGIL said the news "opened an authentic industrial prospective for a historical Florentine company" and welcomed it as "good news".

Lascia il tuo commento

Condividi le tue opinioni su Gazzetta del Sud online

Caratteri rimanenti: 400

Le altre notizie

i più letti di oggi