Rome, January 31 - The Lazio regional administrative court in a ruling Thursday said the Radical party's candidates should be allowed to run for regional elections despite an earlier ruling by the Rome appeals court to bar the party's candidates. The appeals court had earlier ruled that the Radical party could not run its candidates because the party, in having more women than men on its list, violated equal opportunity rules. The appeals court did not change its views even after one of the women on the list stepped down, bringing the sexes back into parity because the decision was considered too late. Lawyers for the Radical party presented their appeal to the Lazio regional administrative court two days ago. In a statement shortly after the administrative court ruling Thursday, Giuseppe Rossodivita, the Radicals' candidate for Lazio governor, said: "This wasn't a victory just for us, but it was a victory also for democracy, for women and for those laws which aim to guarantee the place of women in (public) institutions".