Rome

Soccer: Berlusconi sorry for Balotelli 'bad apple' comment

Ex-premier says his words were misconstrued

Soccer: Berlusconi sorry for Balotelli 'bad apple' comment

Rome, January 15 - AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has apologised to Mario Balotelli for saying the Italy forward was a "rotten apple", saying his words were misconstrued. Berlusconi made the comments earlier this month when he dismissed speculation that Milan wanted to sign the talented, temperamental 22-year-old from Manchester City in the January transfer window. The ex-premier, who is leading the centre right's campaign for next month's Italian elections, also said "Balotelli does not convince me as a man" on another occasion. But he struck a very different tone in an interview with Sky Italia. "My comments regarded the fact that you need positive presences in the locker room," Berlusconi said. "They were not directed at Balotelli and I apologise if they may have been interpreted as being directed at him". The change of tone was seen by the Italian sports media as a possible sign that Milan may try to sign Balotelli after all.

Lascia il tuo commento

Condividi le tue opinioni su Gazzetta del Sud online

Caratteri rimanenti: 400

Le altre notizie

i più letti di oggi

Natalina tornava dal lavoro

Natalina tornava dal lavoro

di Salvatore De Maria