(see related story) Milan, January 8 - Kevin Prince Boateng will stay at AC Milan despite having expressed doubts about his future in Italy after leading a walk-off during a friendly last week following racist abuse, coach Massimiliano Allegri said Tuesday. The Ghanaian midfielder was quoted by German newspaper Bild at the weekend as saying he was considering "whether it continues to make sense to play in Italy" after jeers were directed at him and other black players in a match against fourth-tier Pro Patria at Busto Arsizio, north of Milan. Italian football has been battling racism in the stands for a number of years after several shameful high-profile incidents. Allegri, however, is confident the player has now put the incident behind him. "Boateng is happy to stay at Milan," Allegri told a press conference. "The case is closed for us. I hope that it remains an isolated incident and that, as Interior Minister (Annamaria) Cancellieri said, other fans help to isolate these cretins who come to the stadium just to cause confusion with racist gestures". Last week Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi said Milan would also walk out of official games if there is racist chanting, including matches in the European Champions League. Berlusconi has also hit back at Sepp Blatter, the head of international soccer's governing body FIFA, for saying that Milan were wrong to walk from the Pro Patria match. "I'm of the opposite opinion," the ex-premier said on Monday when asked about Blatter's comments. "I gave my compliments to the players for their courage". On Tuesday a Northern League member who is among six people being probed over the racist chants resigned from his position as the executive councillor for sport and youth policies for the council of Corbetta. Riccardo Grittini, a 22-year-old student, did not resign as a councillor for the town near Pro Patria's home Busto Arsizio. The League, which wants strict controls on immigration, has sometimes been accused of xenophobia.