Rome, November 8 - The Italian government intends to approve new measures banning people with a definitive criminal conviction from standing for political office in time for elections next year, three ministers said on Thursday. The government has the task of drawing up the provisions under the terms of new anti-corruption legislation approved by parliament last week. On Thursday Interior Minister Annamaria Cancellieri, Justice Minister Paola Severino and Minister for Public Administration Filippo Patroni Griffi held preparatory talks centred on the crimes for which would-be candidates would be banned from running for election. In this way the executive "intends to get a headstart on the work of drawing up the provision which cannot be approved by the council of ministers until the anti-corruption law has come into force," said the ministers in a joint statement. The law was signed by President Giorgio Napolitano on Wednesday and must now be published in the official Gazette, entering into force 15 days thereafter.