Frosinone

Passera 'has not met' Chinese investors for Messina bridge

Industry minister says government will evaluate two more years

Passera 'has not met' Chinese investors for Messina bridge

Frosinone, November 5 - Italian Industry Minister Corrado Passera said on Monday that he had not met with private Chinese investors over the possibility of funding the stalled Messina bridge project. "The project is not yet sustainable, neither technically nor financially," Passera told journalists at the opening of telephone provider 3Italia's new LTE high-speed network. "We have given ourselves another two years to evaluate if there are private investors interested," the minister said. Last week the Italian government announced that it decided not to cancel the long-awaited and controversial bridge project that would connect Sicily to mainland Italy, but to extend feasibility tests for another two years. The Messina bridge project is named after the narrow strait between Sicily and the peninsula. The planned 8.5-billion-euro suspension bridge was the brainchild of ex-premier Silvio Berlusconi.

Lascia il tuo commento

Condividi le tue opinioni su Gazzetta del Sud online

Caratteri rimanenti: 400

Le altre notizie

i più letti di oggi