Rome

2-year-old undergoes liver transplant for mushroom poisoning

Girl in 'stable' condition, say doctors

2-year-old undergoes liver transplant for mushroom poisoning

(ANSA) - Rome, October 12 - A two-year-old girl who was admitted to a Bergamo hospital after eating poisonous mushrooms is in "stable condition" after undergoing an emergency liver transplant Thursday, doctors said. Doctors say that the entire family suffered intoxication from mushrooms they had gathered in the wild and cooked into a sauce, but only the girl needed surgery to fully recover due to her age. The prognosis for a 30-year-old man who underwent a liver transplant on Monday in Rome's Gemelli Hospital after eating poisonous mushrooms is "positive," doctors said on Friday. photo: Poisonous mushroom 'Lepiota helveol'

Lascia il tuo commento

Condividi le tue opinioni su Gazzetta del Sud online

Caratteri rimanenti: 400

Le altre notizie

i più letti di oggi