(ANSA) - Rome, October 10 - Proposed budget cuts to Italy's health-care system would total 600 million euros in 2013 and one billion euros in 2014 as part of the government's so-called Stability Law, Health Minister Renato Balduzzi told ANSA Wednesday. "It's no small amount," he said. The reduction in health spending reportedly caused Balduzzi to threaten to resign at a cabinet meeting late Tuesday. Balduzzi denied that the meeting had been bad-tempered, but said he would continue to lobby for the cuts to be reviewed as the bill goes through parliament. "I will continue to present the reasons why plans should be reconsidered," the minister said. The stability law, said Balduzzi, "contains many interesting elements, however the health-care system has already undergone many cuts in recent years and generally provides good results with lower spending than other European systems".